Friday, October 26, 2012

Hound Diggidy Dog

Howdy!


I have returned from my summer trip abroad, where I encountered amazing sights and sounds in the UK, Sardinia, Mainland Italy and Norway. Yes folks, dogs abound all over the planet, and it seems people of all cultures love their animals just as hard as we do here in America. They take them out more I think, to cafe's and the parko is packed every day with walkers and the pooches. These dogs rarely misbehave......I wonder how they do it? Must be the good food, that mediterranean diet is super! I would certainly behave better if I was fed the Med all year round. 

Anyway, I'm home now in cowboy country- Arizona, where dogs are mostly bouncing around in the backs of pick-up trucks, or rarely seen out on the ranch. I work for a pet resort here, and so get to check -in all kinds of canines from all over the world. Right at the moment we have 3 hound dogs, and I must say I have never in all my born days seen one soooo huge! Blu, the big guy is a vocal type, (find a hound dog that ain't) and yes, looks soooo sad, yet is soooo friendly! So low to the ground like that, ears dipping the pavement...it seems like he would just sink on into the earth, he is so heavy. Just looking at him, I get grounded and can smell clearer too; yes, his instinctual nature rubs off on me.

I had to mention Blu, because just when you think you have seen it all, up pops the larger than life image that you would never have even imagined! 

Here i travel the seven seas, and right here at home under my very nose is the wonder of all wonders- Hot diggidy dog!

So, this is my ode to Blu, largest Hound Dog I ever did see,

hats off to Blu ......a fine specimen of a dog, and now a legend in his own right.


Be good,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment