Friday, March 23, 2012

Dog Ghosts......

Dog Day!

Yes, That is a silly greeting, and it matches my silly outlook today- I say "silly" because I feel somehow this mood is in congruent with my topic, which is how we perceive seeing or feeling glimpses of our long gone pets.

It is not to say that a dog ghost could not exist, I have experienced human ghosts--maybe they are souls not yet gone beyond, still lingering here among us. Dogs, well, all animals have souls, so yes, it could happen that some unfinished biz or a friendly visitation from a beloved pet might rattle or surprise you!

Since little Frodo crossed over, it has been very still and quiet, really no sign of him....yet, I do see him in my minds eye dancing around in circles to procure a treat or prancing along the sidewalk his short black legs stiff and hardly touching the ground with each step! I will hear a dog barking and think it is him.....memories that linger make it seem like he is still here with us. I guess that is his gift to us- these sweet glimpses that endear us to life and the wonderful relationships we form with all beings.

Does the relationship end because of death? I think not, it changes- but I believe we are still learning and relating to the experience we had, which can grow  or form into other realizations. Frodo, like many other canine friends I've known, keeps me in touch with the devotional aspect dogs carry so well. They simply are loyal; the many joyful moments we spend with them as loving beings can never be truly lost, it is inside us forever.

If one heart is opened by the love we share, the world is that much better! Keep your heart open to life and the special gift of relating, it grows on ya- let it shine.

Thanks and kudos to Peanut, Patou, Bo-Jo, Barefoot and Frodo- I remember you dear friends!


 Frodo guarding BBboy

Be good doggone it!

Love,
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment