Monday, August 23, 2010

My Doggone Dream Life on Maui

Aloha nui loa,

G-love & Mattie- A dogs life!

Ever find a rainbow you just had to follow? Not for the gold, for the fun of it! Here On Maui, even now during the worst draught in fifty years--we have abundant rainbows. Somewhere over one of these is my dream life, a life where me and my dogs are just able to be. I know, isn't my life great already, well, yes! AND....the ultimate for me would be to just stay put 24/7 on home turf with my pack by my side. OK--a few beach walks and park excursions thrown-in would be tops too. What I mean is, why all the fuss about having to do stuff, human stuff, like work and school and shopping--urgh that darn shopping! I hear now you can order food online and have it delivered. That may be right up my alley! I am talking uninterrupted dog companionship. Seriously. My poi dogs are more than entertaining, even when they sleep I find them amusing. No, I am not crazy..only a little I guess. I want more dog time!!!!

So, here is my doggone dream life,  # 1) Never have to write a research paper ever again. #2) Never have to travel on an airplane ever again. #3) Never have to work outside my home ever again. #4) Never have to go in search of decent food to eat (ever again). And last but not least# 5) Never have to leave my dogs home alone ever again! Whew! Glad I got that out of my system....Did I mention that I like hangin' out at home with my dogs?

Maybe it's the chaos in the world around me, maybe it's my age (which I will not disclose at this time), maybe it's just sheer tiredness or maybe it's just because it feels so good to have my little puppy Matilda, chew on my fingers (she is teething), even when it hurts. Most likely it's my dream 'cause of my big girl Gingerlove, who is absolutely majestic when she sits proudly next to me as I read, looking up at me with x-ray vision (she reads my mind). But really, my doggone dream life is important to fulfill for Roxy, our first dog--who deserves all the time and attention I can give her, for she is limpy, and old and can't quite run with the other dogs anymore....but, she is still very happy (she smiles broadly), and loves to lay next to me, sleeping and dreaming her dog dreams most of the day. I'm daring myself to follow a rainbow to the end, inside the color spectrum are secrets on how to just be. Sounds fun!

be good,

jane
  papasan being with beach dog at kanaha, maui

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny!
    You know you live on Maui when you're start chasing them for the fun of it. *weirdo*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya baby! It's weirdo a go-go!
    just call me funny face! my dog dreams are real.

    ReplyDelete